10 best things to do in Tampere, Finland
- Eat mustamakkara (lit. black sausage, blood sausage), a local delicacy traditionally eaten with lingonberry jam. It’s available in supermarkets across Finland but it’s best when bought and eaten fresh at market stalls
- In summer: Visit Särkänniemi Theme Park, the best theme park in Finland. 30+ rides and a beautiful location. Visit Näsinneula Tower and its revolving restaurant even if you don’t enjoy theme parks.
In winter: Visit Näsinneula Tower and its revolving restaurant to enjoy a view of the whole city
- In summer: Visit Rauhaniemi Beach and enjoy a traditional Finnish sauna and a sandy beach
In winter: Visit Rauhaniemi and enjoy a traditional Finnish sauna and ice swimming, a truly extreme sport for any non-Finn!
- In summer: Visit Hatanpää Arboretum, a magnificent flower garden located about 2km from the center of Tampere. It’s free, and next to Lake Pielinen so you can have a great lakeside picnic and even go for a swim if the weather is warm enough
- In summer: Visit the market place and buy local strawberries, peas and other summertime treats
In winter: Visit the market hall and buy local produce, arts & crafts, and souvenirs
- Go shopping downtown at Shopping Center Ratina with 100+ stores or Shopping Center Koskikeskus with 60+ stores
- 18+ only: Try the local craft beer by Pyynikin Käsityöläispanimo and by Plevna. Both breweries have their own restaurant/brewhouse downtown
- Architecture and history: City Hall, Hämeensilta bridge, Finlayson factory halls, Tampere Cathedral
- Visit Museum Centre Vapriikki featuring changing exhibitions and permanent exhibitions such as The Finnish Museum of Games. Other museums worth visiting are The Moomin Museum, Tampere Art Museum, and the Spy Museum
- Visit Pyynikki Park and Observation Tower. The smaller of the two observation towers in Tampere, the Pyynikki tower still provides a magnificent view of the city and Lake Pielinen
#travel #tourism #top10 #touristattraction #sights #landmarks #activities #visitfinland #tampere #pirkanmaa #tampereregion #visittampere #suomi #bestoffinland
Image by kallerna - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=9467007